The Standard size is the Original Tula Baby Carrier, suitable for use from birth but only with the addition of the tula infant insert, available here. If you are looking for a carrier from Newborn that does not require an addition insert (which can be a bit of a faff) then check out the Free To Grow or Explore Carriers.
The standard carrier will fit without an insert from when your little one is comfortably wearing age 9-12 month trousers, before this the width of the carrier will be too wide.
This Baby Carrier is ergonomically designed to protect babies hip health and create a comfortable seat for little bums, it is highly adjustable and will remain comfortable well into the toddler years.
Not only have Tula ensured a comfortable ride for baby, the wearer will also experience supreme comfort with its thick padded shoulder straps and waist band which also features a handy pocket for keys or phones.
You can wear baby on your front or on your back from approx 6 months when baby has full head control. This carrier is not a forward facing baby carrier, take a look at the Tula Explore if you would like the option to forward face.
Features include -
- Dual adjustment padded shoulder straps providing optimal neck and shoulder comfort and quick and easy adjustment for multiple wearers
- Breathable and light weight fabric, hand made from 100% OEKO-TEX standard 100 certified canvas
- Ergonomic M position seat that promotes healthy hip and spine development
- Front or Back carries
- Wide padded waist band to evenly distribute weight for comfortable carrying and a pocket for keeping essentials close by
- Extra leg padding for babies comfort
- Standard can be used from 15lbs -45lbs while the toddler Tula can be used from 25-60lbs. Standards can be used from birth with the Tula infant insert
- Removable hood to support head while sleeping, sun protection while out and about, and extra privacy while nursing
- Panel Measures 39 cm/15.5" tall, 38 cm/15" wide at the seat.
- Hip Belt Measures 13 cm/5" tall and 69 cm/27" wide. Additional webbing extends approximately 76 cm/30" (waistband total of ~ 145 cm/57" long).
- Weight of the carrier: 0,9 kg/2 lbs
Always follow the T.I.C.K.S rules when babywearing
- In View
- Close enough to kiss
- Keep Chin Off Chest
- Supported Back
Tula is well known as one of the best buckle carriers on the market, award winning and available in an assortment of colours, prints.
If the Standard Carrier Isn't for you check out the other Baby Carrier styles from Tula by clicking here.